The North Carolina Service-Learning Coalition (NCSLC) is pleased to announce that registration for our 2020 North Carolina Service-Learning Summit is now OPEN!
The NCSLC is excited to head to Fayetteville to host service-learning supporters and experts at Fayetteville State University as they share practices and valuable trainings surrounding how to start or enhance your students’ service-learning experiences in an all-day conference open to teachers, students, nonprofit partners, community groups, and service-learning rookies and experts.
The theme of this year’s summit is “Strengthening Communities through Service-Learning“. There will be sessions for K-12 educators, Higher Ed, and Community Groups/Non-Profits.
- Welcome: Check-in, Registration and Refreshments
- Keynote, Freebird McKinney: Service Learning as a Way of Teaching Civic-Minded Students
- Concurrent Breakout Sessions*: Choose from a selection of breakout sessions to dig into service-learning approaches
- Networking Lunch
- Workshops*: Sessions designed to help you bring resources and plans back to your classroom
*Breakout Sessions and Workshops include:
- Building Capacity for Service Learning through Faculty Development
- Empowering Students to Serve with a Purpose
- Stimulating More Than Good Grades
- Students Transform the World by Designing for Change
- Empowering Students Through Inquiry-Driven Service-Learning
- Service Learning is NEAAAT!
- Working Together Works: Helpful Practices for Managing Online Service Learning Courses
- Learning Without Limits
- Teen Volunteers at the WNC Nature Center