Design for Change, is a framework that assists educators in designing meaningful student-led projects. When students participate in DFC, they join a coalition of over 1 million young people around the world saying, “I CAN make an impact!”
We will have a fall cohort August-Dec 2019 (60 educators), and a second one Feb-May 2020 (40 educators). Participants may attend the one-day workshop in Raleigh, Wilmington, or a site in the TBA west. The sessions will be a combination of virtual and in-person workshops for K-16 teachers, youth group leaders, and after-school program mentors/facilitators (1 CEU is available).
- Learning through ten hours of in-person and virtual workshops
- Coaching and mentoring from award winning educators and designers
- Networking with innovative educators and community partners
- Developing a design thinking mindset and toolbox to engage students in creating innovative solutions to complex, real-world problems
- Leading a Design for Change project in your school/community
- Capstone share and a youth summit celebrating Design for Change project work in North Carolina.
Cost: $250 Link to pay by credit card. Checks: Exploris Foundation, 401 Hillsborough St, Raleigh, 27603
Important dates for 2019 Design for Change (DFC) Cohort:
|Thursday, Sept 12, 2019||Virtual Check In 4:30 pm (Optional) *All participants.|
|Saturday, September 14, 2019 (Raleigh)
Saturday, September 21, 2019 (Wilmington)
Saturday, September 28, 2019 (TBA -West)
|Workshop: DFC Design Sprint 8:30am -3:30pm
Light breakfast and lunch provided
*20 participants per site.
|Thursday, October 17, 2019||Virtual Meet Up 4:00 – 5:00 p.m. (Optional) *All participants.|
|Thursday, November 14, 2019||Virtual Meet Up 4:00 – 5:00 pm. (Optional) *All participants.|
|Saturday, December 7, 2019||Fall Cohort Culminating Brunch 9am-12pm *All participants.|
|Wednesday, May 15, 2020||Design for Change USA Applications due!|
|TBA Saturday, May 16, 2020||NC DFC Youth Summit *Spring/Fall Cohorts|